The Kenya Alliance of Resident Associations (KARA) is seeking to hire a competent resource mobilization officer to facilitate its fundraising efforts.
The officer is expected to contribute towards improvement of financial sustainability of the organization by designing and writing grant proposals to potential partners (government, private sector; development partners among others); identifying and seizing fundraising opportunities; diversification of funding streams for the organization and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the organization.
The officer will also be expected to understand reporting requirements for various partners; develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure impact and effectiveness of the organization’s programmatic work; Work closely with other staff in regard to conceptualization; planning, writing, reviewing; communication and submission of the relevant documents for a targeted resource mobilization initiative.
Qualifications for the Senior Programme Officer Job
- Bachelors Degree in Development Studies or other Social Sciences from a recognized University. Possession of additional programme trainings will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in programming and fundraising for Civil Society Organizations/NGOs. Experience in fundraising for a membership organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven proposal writing skills and evidence of successful applications for funding
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships and networks that are of value to organization fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrable understanding and coordinating skills in project management cycle
- Proven ability to work and deliver within strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven self-drive and ability to play a leadership role within an organization
How to apply: